Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BB Cream Quick Review

What exactly is a BB Cream?

BB Cream, also known as blemish balm, is a multi-purpose treatment cream used for various things such as foundation, makeup base, sun protection, as well as facial moisturizer. They often promise to give a whitening effect (w/e that means). It's very popular amongst Korean and Japanese celebrities (who are all absolutely gorgeous btw).

I heard about the hype a few months ago and was immediately interested. All the reviews I read about bb creams seem to swear by them. I mean, who wouldn't want to find the PERFECT foundation? I know I would...and so I did. And in my honest opinion, after about my fifth bb cream, I realized that bb creams just weren't meant for me.


The weird thing is, in the midst of it all, I found myself somewhat addicted to ordering these darn things. If the first one didn't work out right for me, I'd proceed on to the next one. And if that one didn't work for me, I'd order another. I guess I wanted so badly to believe in the hype that I was completely in denial. haha. So here's my honest review on them...



My opinion on BB Creams

They suck. Okay, okay..suck is too strong of a word. Let's just say they're not that great, at least not for me. The thing that I dislike the most about my bb creams is that they all make me look dead. My face not only looks incredibly pale (maybe that's what they meant by whitening?) but also dry (some make me very oily). There's nothing healthy about looking dead, dry, or oily.

Coverage is not that great either. After each application, my acne scars are still very much visible. Although I wanted so badly to like them, I didn't. They just didn't work well for me. My mom, on the other hand, loves the Legere and the Missha Perfect Cover BB creams. I'll admit though, one good thing about these bb creams is that they do cover up redness. But sadly, coverage never last longer than 3 hours for me. If you're thinking about buying one, I suggest you just buy ONE. If the first one doesn't suit you, then non of them probably will.

If you want me to go more in depth with each one of them, just simply ask. I'll be glad to do it. But for now, I'm feeling kind of lazy. haha.

Here is a quick haul of all the bb creams I own.

and these are their swatches


The one that I do use occasionally is my Dr. Jarts BB Cream. I usually use it as a concealer because it's got the better coverage out of the five. Besides that, I hardly ever use them. I'm a little disappointed because I had high hopes for these things.


Which One Would I Recommend?


If I HAD to recommend one out of the fives, I'd probably recommend the Missha Perfect Cover (the one in the red tube). It has alright coverage, longer staying power, and doesn't make you look quite as pale as the other ones. Although the Legere looks very brown, it oxidizes to a very pale color once blended so don't be fool by that. Now remember, this is just my honest opinion on my BB Creams. I suggest you do a little bit of research before you order one because some of these things can get a little pricey. If any questions, feel free to drop a comment or two =]

3 comments:

Eugenia said...

Ahhh I am waiting on my Missha perfect cover.. is that one more drying or oily? I have really oil skin and don't mind the dryness at all but I do dread oiliness!!

Maui (Suushh) said...

OMG I was just elling myself that last night .I was so interested in them when they started showing up on eveeryones blogs. But I saw swatches and I though wow, th shades are really light. Then now they come out with ones that they say adjust to your own skin color. Good thing I ordered a sample. 0.0 i looked very anemic or yes dead. lol not for me too

MzPangee said...

that's what I should've done! =/ LOLz